FileUtils is a Swiss Army Knife when it comes to file manipulation. This multi-tool includes a number of utilities that are very useful when working with files. These utilities are included in the program:
- Merge: Combine a number of files to one
- Split: Split a file into a number of segments
- Rename: Rename a number of files at once
- Replace: Replace test in a number of files at once
- ByteSwap: Change the byte order in a number of files at once
- LFConvert: Change between Windows, Unix and Mac line feeds in a number of files at once
- Compare: Compare files binary or as text files
- HexEdit: A simple hex editor
- WordCount: Counts lines, words and characters
- Grep: Get lines from files matching one or more patterns
All utilities are very easy to use and they all look very similar, so once you have learned one you probably master them all.
You can also add a number of shortcuts to the application for external programs that you use often.
Once you are a licensed user of FileUtils you can contact Jobro Software with suggestions on new utilities that you think should be included in FileUtils. Of course we welcome this kind of input from unlicensed users aswell.
With FileUtils you have a bunch of useful tools in one program, just like a Swiss Army Knife. Download the demo today and try it out!